Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tortured Soul


I once met a man who told me that his life experiences had left him so jaded and world weary that he just didn't even care about anything anymore. He told me he was so complicated, he was incapable of crying. I told him that was ridiculous, and I slapped him and slapped him until he cried. But then I got to thinking, wow, this guy was so deep that he put up a front all about how he was incapable of crying, and he was so disappointed that I didn't believe him that he started to cry. So I guess he was really that complicated after all.

I know you think it was probably the physical part of me slapping him that made him cry, but you're wrong. It was the mental part. That is why you would make a horrible detective. You lack instinct. And who was this man I slapped? It was none other than John Amos, the dad from Good Times and costar in numerous other influential projects.

3 comments:

Will said...

Who knew the guy who owns McDowell's is also Lisa's (the Fresh Prince's girlfriend) dad?

michael said...

Yeah, and he was also the turncoat bad guy in Diehard 2. That guy shows up all over the place.

Harrison said...

he also mows my lawn every other Thursday