Friday, May 26, 2006

Smokes, Cocaine, And Other Sunday School Topics

There is a certain method that some parents use when they find their children with cigarrettes. The parents make the offending child smoke the whole pack at once or buy them a carton and make them smoke the whole thing. This of course makes them very sick, and their brains connect smoking with this sickness. From then on, through association the brain will not want them to smoke, and if they do it will be very unpleasant. The brain is cool that way.

That being said, I think it would be a really bad idea to make your children snort a ton of cocaine if you caught them with some. You shouldn't put down like 100 lines and say, "Now you snort every last one of these right now!" I mean, sure, it's creative, and yes, you would teach them a lesson, but that's a really expensive lesson.

4 comments:

Jon Owings said...

Other than it being expensive. The kid would be dead. How do you explain to the cops that you were just teaching your child that coke is bad?

Michael said...

i think they would accept that reason and say "lesson learned." Or maybe not. I work with some cops, so I will ask them next weekend for you.

The Legend said...

That's kind of like when I was a little boy and my parents caught me sniffing rubber cement. They made me eat the whole thing. Then I didn't crap for 3 weeks and ended up having to have part of my large intestines removed. So, in the end, not only did I learn a lesson, my parents did too. They now refer to that incident as the "Reason We Can't Get Health Insurance".

Michael said...

i think the coolest part of that story is that your family gives names to events. mine doesn't. but i guess the non-rubber-cement-giving somehow makes up for that.