Saturday, December 10, 2005

Hollywood Lessons

Here are some things I have learned from Hollywood:

1) The purpose of ghosts We all know there are ghosts, and scientists have debated for years what their purpose is. And now, after a number of movies and television series, it finally has become apparent: ghosts are left behind to solve crimes and help fix things in general. I have learned this thanks to the number of people who, through the magic of television and movies, are able to communicate or witness the activities of ghosts. Whether it is The Sixth Sense, Medium, Party of Five: Ghost Style Starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, or whatever other program that uses a ghost to fix things, it is good to know that not all of them want to spill our blood. I have also learned that ghosts by the whole are generally nice but not too peppy.

2) Monuments are the first things to go when we are attacked Whether it be a Category 12 Storm of the Centuriinium, or a volcano, or an attack by aliens, terrorists with an a-bomb, or sea monsters, I'll be darned if the first thing they always go for are the icons of our culture, such as the Statue of Liberty, Mt Rushmore, the White House, or whatever. Which I can understand, because if you are a storm or an alien running amok with mighty force, the first thing you would want to do is knock the nose off of GW on Mt Rushmore. Nothing says, "I'm here and I'm really ready to do a lot of damage, so lets get started," quite like that.

So Hollywood, I applaud you. Without you, I don't think I would understand the world I live in.

No comments: